BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First steps

Hi all, this new blog is to record my weight loss journey. As of today, I weigh 316lbs - a horrific weight, especially considering that I have not been this heavy since I was pregnant with Evan - 3 years ago!
So, I took a picture of myself to get the process started. This is me.
Not real flattering, huh? So I've decided to make some changes in my day to become healthier.
For starters, I have given up drinking soda. Mt. Dew and Coke were my beverages of choice - my last soda was July 11th. Fridays are my cheat days where I allow myself to have 2 cans/1 20oz bottle of soda or a large Coke from McDonald's. I really miss those large Cokes!
I also have started taking Zumba classes with my sister in law Debbie. So glad she got me started, I am really enjoying classes! I've taken 2 so far but plan to take many more!
My next step is to resume taking a medication I quit taking for a while. It gives me more focus, energy, and self control and impulse control.
A high-tech scale will be my next purchase, so I can keep track of my weight loss. Experts say you should aim for 10% of your weight at a time, right? Well, here I come 284lbs!

0 comments: